The blue shed has been used as a temporary exhibition space since 2008 to exhibit the work of Ditchling artists, photographers and makers as part of the annual Brighton Festival Artists Open House. The original building was constructed in 1959 and was for many years a builder’s workshop before falling into disrepair.

Part of the renovation has included the application of external wall insulation, composite insulated roof panels to replace the old asbestos sheeting, and installation of an oak floor over insulation.

More recently a 4Kw solar photovoltaic system has been installed on the south facing roof slope to generate electricity under the tariff feed in arrangements.